Polyurethane Foam Sheets D70 GSC30+GPC2, for infusion
By buying this product you can collect up to 3 points. Your cart will total 3 points that can be converted into a voucher of €0.30.
Rigid polyurethane foam sheets designed for resin infusion processes. Grid-scored materials contain a cut pattern on one side of the core – both lengthwise and crosswise – creating small blocks. The blocks are held together by a lightweight fiberglass scrim, creating a very flexible core sheet.
Rigid polyurethane foam sheets designed for resin infusion processes.
Many composite applications have a complex shape, and grid-scored material is commonly used to make the core material conform easily to the mold.
Grid-scored materials contain a cut pattern on one side of the core – both lengthwise and crosswise – creating small blocks. The blocks are held together by a lightweight fiberglass scrim, creating a very flexible core sheet.
Our reference GSC30 is cut in 30x30 mm squares including perforations (GPC2) to favour the flow of the resin during the infusion.
We do not recommend placing the core like this during the infusion:
When vacuum infusion was first introduced, it often incorporated a separate infusion medium on the surface of the laminate. However, it soon became apparent that the core itself, if grooved and perforated properly, could act as this infusion medium. There are a variety of options to choose from, allowing the user to pick which is most suitable for the process/application.
The various options for grooves and perforations can be successfully combined with formable options such as grid-scored material.
These pictures shows the surface grooves and cut patterns:
In addition, these sheets have been machined with a chamfer on all four sides of the sheet, which facilitates the drapability of the fibres and eliminates the risks of preferential resin lines. Type of the chamfer = 1: 5.
- Manufacture of sandwich-type composite parts in many sectors of application, mainly for infusion processes with thermosetting resins (polyester, vinyl ester, urethane-acrylate and epoxy).
- Thermal insulation for applications that require high mechanical resistance.
- Thermal insulation for the construction of refrigerated trucks.
- Thermal insulation of refrigerator floorings and freezing tunnels.
- Thermal insulation in metal sheet, polyester, wood and fiber cement sandwich panels, etc.
- Thermal insulation as support for pipes, machined in the form of half shells.
- High mechanical performance
- Virtually no water absorption thanks to the closed cell structure of the polymer.
- Easy to machine and cut
Type of supply
Polyurethane D70 GSC30+GPC2 for infusion, sheet of 1000 x 500 x 15 mm