300 gsm Forged Carbon Prepreg SE140 SFP HEC-45%RW, 1250mm wide
By buying this product you can collect up to 5 points. Your cart will total 5 points that can be converted into a voucher of €0.50.
SE140 Forged Carbon is a 140°C TG epoxy short fibre prepreg system (SFP) suitable for thinner wall sections and lower pressure processing than traditional Carbon Fibre SMC (CSMC).
SE140 Forged Carbon SFP is a 140°C TG epoxy short fibre prepreg system (SFP) suitable for thinner wall sections and lower pressure processing than traditional Carbon Fibre SMC (CSMC).
This product is recommended for compression moulding applications with press cure times as short as 10 mins at 130-135°C (266-275°F). Unlike traditional CSMC this product offers further processing options giving flexibility for low cost prototyping before commencing series production. It can be used as a traditional prepreg by cutting then manually draping plies to laminate a part which can be vacuum or autoclaved cured to improve the surface finish.
SE 140 SFP resin is a clear resin and is not filled, which creates the unique fibre look. However it is not UV stable and will gradually become more yellow on exposure to UV light so a protective clear coat is recommended when making visual parts.
- Short Fibre (12mm) Carbon Prepreg suitable for compression moulding, autoclave, and vacuum processing with low distortion
- Balance of cure speed and resin flow for high quality, low void content laminates
- Available as 1250mm wide, 45% Resin Content
- Cut and laminate like a traditional prepreg for vacuum and autoclave parts
- Form a near net shaped preform to compression mould at low pressure (1-20 bar)
- Alternatively stack multiple plies together & compression mould as CSMC (60bar)
- VOC Free
- 10min Cure at 130-135C (266-275°F)
- 8 week Shelf Life at 21°C (70°F) or 12 months at -18°C (0°F)
|PROPERTY||UNIT||SFP (HEC) 300g/m2 45%|
|Prepreg Format||-||Short Fibre Prepreg (SFP)|
|Fibre / Fabric Style||-||Random|
|Fabric Areal Weight||g/m2||300|
|Typical Fibre Length||mm||12|
|Typical Fibre Density||kg/m3||1800|
|Typical Resin Density||kg/m3||1194|
|Fibre Modulus||GPa||227 - 257|
|Nominal Prepreg Areal Weight||g/m2||545|
|Nominal Cured Ply Thickness||mm||0.37|
|Nominal Fibre Volume Fraction||%||45|
|Nominal Cured Density||kg/m3||1465|
Prepreg mechanical propierties
|PROPERTY||10 HRS @ 80°C (176°F)||30 MINS @ 120°C (248°F)|
|Tensile Modulus||3.8 GPa||3.1 GPa|
|Tensile Strength||65 MPa||62 MPa|
|Tensile Elongation %||2.00 %||2.45 %|
|Flexural Modulus||3.8 GPa||3.3 GPa|
|Flexural Strength||132 MPa||119 MPa|
|Compressive Strength||191 MPa||165 MPa|
|Tg1 by DMA °C||110||133
- Minimum Viscosity: 1.4 Pa.s / 14P
- Temperature at Minimum Viscosity: 92°C / 198°F
Types of Supply
300 gsm Forged Carbon Prepreg SE140/SFP/HEC-45%RW, 1250mm wide x 1 m2
300 gsm Forged Carbon Prepreg SE140/SFP/HEC-45%RW, 1250mm wide x 5 m2
300 gsm Forged Carbon Prepreg SE140/SFP/HEC-45%RW, 1250mm wide x 25 m2
Prepregs can be sent by express carrier. Unfortunately there is no refrigerated transport available for Europe.
The following considerations might be taken into account:
The shelf life of a prepreg at 20 ºC is aprox. 25 days.
10-15 days at 30º C
5-10 days for temperatures over 40 ºC