TensorGrip M81 High Temperature Resistant Laminate Spray Adhesive
By buying this product you can collect up to 36 points. Your cart will total 36 points that can be converted into a voucher of €3.60.
Aspart of our MARINE range, TensorGrip® M81 is a fine web-spray adhesive suitable for bonding FRP/GRP, aluminium/metal sheeting, MDF, standard laminates and plastics. High temperature resistance: 120°C. IMO "WheelMark" Approved.
As part of our MARINE range, TensorGrip® M81 is a fine web-spray adhesive suitable for bonding FRP/GRP, aluminium/metal sheeting, MDF, standard laminates and plastics. High temperature resistance: 120°C. IMO "WheelMark" Approved.
TensorGrip® M81 is a high performance contact adhesive which creates a tough resilient bond line between decorative laminate materials and wood substrates in the Marine Industry. TensorGrip® M81 is designed for permanent bonding where immediate bond strength and high heat resistance are required.
- High temperature resistance: 120°C
- IMO "WheelMark" Approved
- Fine web-spray adhesive
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- This product is designed to be applied to two surfaces to be bonded together. Make sure that surfaces are clean, dry and free from dirt, dust, oil, loose paint, wax or grease, etc. For best results, the temperature of the adhesive and the surfaces being bonded should be between 60°F-80°F (16°C-27°C).
- Use with adequate ventilation. When possible we recommend shaking the canister well before using. Attach and secure hose tightly onto the spray gun with required tip.Attachtheotherendofthehoseontothecanister.Make sure the hose-valve connections are securely tight. Open the valve on the canister slowly and fully, check for leaks during this process. Unlock the trigger on the spray gun to start spraying.
- Prior to use, Check compatibility by spraying a small test patch of the adhesive on the substrate. This product may degrade some substrates. Spray about 10-20 cm (4”– 8”) away at a 90 degree angle to the surface, applying a uniform, even coat of adhesive to obtain 80% to 100% coverage of the surface. If necessary, spray another coat of adhesive in areas that appear to need more adhesive. Spray bothsurfaces to be bonded, one surface vertically and the other surface horizontally. Allow the adhesive to tack off until no adhesive transfers to the knuckle when touched.
- Adhere surfaces and press together with adequate pressure. A roller is recommended to apply a uniform pressure to achieve maximum strength. Allow 24 hours for the adhesive to fullycure.
- If the spray tip clogs, unscrew the spray tip from the gun and clean with solvent such as lacquer thinner or acetone. Do not use a pin on the spray tiporifice.
CANISTER STORAGE/CHANGE OVER
Turn valve on canister into the off position, spray out remaining adhesive left in the hose, disconnect the spray hose and gun from the canister.
Reconnect the spray hose to a canister of cleaning solvent (sold separately) and spray out until liquid is clear which indicates that the hose and gun is clean. If you choose to leave the hose and spray gun on the canister, leave the valve on the canister open. Do not disconnect the hose/gun from the canister. Close and lock the spraygun.
For optimum results store canister above 18°C during use, but must always be above 10°C. Allow substrates to acclimatise to normal room temperature (18°C) for 48 hours before bonding. Do not exceed open time of the adhesive. Keep canister off cold concrete floors during use. If adhesive is expelled wet or as ajet, canister is too cold–move to warm environment and allow to thoroughly acclimatise before reusing.
- Use only in well ventilated areas.
- DO NOT thin or reactivate with solvents.
- DO NOT incinerate. DO NOT expose to extreme heat over 50°C.
- Keep away from sources of ignition.
- Release pressure before disconnecting hose.
- Test for suitability before use.
MSDS and Technical Data Sheets MUST be read and understood before use. Information contained in this technical literature is believed to be accurate and offered in good faith for the benefit of the consumer. The company however cannot assume any liability or risk involved in the use of its chemical products since the conditions of use are beyond our control. Statements concerning the possible use of our products are not intended as recommendations to infringe on any patent.
- Viscosity 350 cps 25°C sp#2, 30r.p.m.
- Total Solids 28%-30%
- Colour Clear or Green
- Flammability; Non-flammable adhesive solution in flammable propellant
- Shear > 250 p.s.i.
- Tensile (180° Peel) > 25 p.s.i. 90° Peel (6.25 sq.cm) > 25p.s.i.
- Shear adhesion failure temperature (SAFT) 100gram > 124°C
- Heat resistance (25mm/100gram) > 115°C
- Dry time 1-2 mins dependant on temp & humidity
- Open time 30 mins• Coverage 21 dry grams/m²
- SHELF LIFE: 18 months from date of manufacture
STORAGE HANDLING & STORAGE
- Consult Material Safety Data Sheet prior to use.
- Do Not store at temperatures over 50°C.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight.Do Not store directly on concrete floor.
- For optimum performance, store at 18°C during use, but must always be above 10°C.
- When connected, keep valve open and hose pressurised at all times.
- Do Not close valve until ready to connect to new cylinder.
- Release pressure in hose before disconnection.
- Always test product to determine suitability for your particular application prior to use in production.
Type of Supply
22 l (17 kg) disposable canister suitable for industrial use only
500 ml Aerosol suitable for industrial and general public use
You might also like