56 Item items in stock
Warning: Last items in stock!
By buying this product you can collect up to 66 loyalty points. Your cart will total 66 points that can be converted into a voucher of 6,60 €.
RECAPOLI 953TPA is an unsaturated polyester based on standard acids and glycols dissolved in styrene. It has a medium reactivity, a medium viscosity, and contains thixotropic agents and can be cured with conventional curing agents.
Approvals: Cured unreinforced Recapoli 953TPA conforms to type 1120 according to DIN 16946/2, is classified in group 0 according to DIN 18820/1 and in group 1A according EN ISO 13121/1.
- Viscosity measurement V227.05: Brookfield LVT #3, 25°C
- Reactivity measurement G116.01: 100g of resin + 1.25g Butanox M50 (Azko Nobel) or Luperox K1S (Arkema), 25°C
RECAPOLI 953TPA is suitable for the production of standard quality glass-fibre reinforced parts with the hand lay-up/spray-up process. The resin has good wetting properties, resistance against sagging on vertical surfaces, and contains a colour change peroxide-indicator.
Guidelines before use: The resin Recapoli 953TPA should be conditioned at a well-defined application dependent temperature (usually 15°C minimum for a MEKP/Co cure). Stir the resin well before.
Processing: It normally exhibits tack-free cure. However, the surface may not be cured completely. To ensure tack-free cure of surfaces exposed to air, suitable additives (paraffin solution) should be added. The final state of cure may be optimized by post curing at elevated temperature (80°C) for several hours.
Curing conditions: Cured for 24h at room temperature and post-cured 5h at 100°C according to TM X-12Ab.
The resin should be stored indoors, in the original, unopened and undamaged packaging, in a dry place.
- Storage temperature: min. +5°C, max. 30°C
- Shelf life: Shelf life is reduced at higher temperatures and the properties of the resin might change during storage. The shelf life of styrene containing unsaturated polyesters will be significantly reduced when exposed to light. Store in dark and in 100% light tight containers only.
- Working safety instructions: see relevant material safety data sheets.
Recapoli 953 TPA Hand Lay-up Ortho Thixo Preaccelerated Polyester Resin x 1 kg, supplied with 20 g of MEKP catalyst
Recapoli 953 TPA Hand Lay-up Ortho Thixo Preaccelerated Polyester Resin x 5 kg, supplied with 100 g of MEKP catalyst
Recapoli 953 TPA Hand Lay-up Ortho Thixo Preaccelerated Polyester Resin x 25 kg, supplied with 0.5 kg of MEKP catalyst
Recapoli 953 TPA Hand Lay-up Ortho Thixo Preaccelerated Polyester Resin x 220 kg, supplied with 5 kg of MEKP catalyst
Improved 3M PhotoMount is a...