TensorGrip® TC42 is designed for the infusion mould market. This product is a high performance, solvent-based polymer adhesive in a pressurised canister delivery system. TensorGrip® TC42 is specifically designed to hold reinforcing fibres in place during the infusion process of the resin without affecting the surface finish or structural integrity. TensorGrip® TC42 is compatible with polyester, styrene and vinyl ester resins. This adhesive has also been successfully tested with epoxy resins using less than 9 grams of adhesive per sqm
- Used for Infusion/Vacuum Forming composites.
- Safely fuses laminating materials to structural core surfaces.
- Provides superior holding during forming process.
- Allows resin to obtain maximum tensile shear strength.
- Fine mist spray.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- This product is designed to be applied to one side of the surfaces to be bonded together, However, It can be used for double sided bonding where required.
- Make sure that surfaces are clean, dry and free from dirt, dust, oil, loose paint, wax or grease, etc.
- For best results, the temperature of the adhesive and the surfaces being bonded should be between 16ºC - 27ºC. Use with adequate ventilation.
- When possible we recommend shaking the canister or aerosol well before using.
- Attach and secure hose tightly onto the spray gun with required tip. Attach the other end of the hose onto the canister. Make sure the hose-valve connections are securely tight. Open the valve on the canister slowly and fully, check for leaks during this process. Unlock the trigger on the spray gun to start spraying.
- Prior to use, check compatibility by spraying a small test patch of the adhesive on the substrate. This product may degrade some substrates.
- Spray about 10-20 cm away at a 90 degree angle to the surface, applying a uniform, even coat of adhesive to obtain 80% to 100% coverage of the surface. If necessary, spray another coat of adhesive in areas that appear to need more adhesive.
- If using a two way stick, spray both surfaces to be bonded, one surface vertically and the other surface horizontally. Allow the adhesive to tack off until no adhesive transfers to the knuckle when touched.
- Adhere surfaces and press together with adequate pressure. If the spray tip clogs, unscrew the spray tip from the gun and clean with solvent such as lacquer thinner or TensorGrip® S105 acetone cleaner. Do not use a pin on the spray tip orifice
CANISTER STORAGE & CHANGE OVER
- Leave the valve on the canister open. Do not disconnect the hose/gun from the canister (unless changing to a new canister).
- To change or disconnect canister: turn canister valve to the off position, spray out remaining adhesive left in the hose, disconnect the spray hose and gun from the canister.
- Reconnect the spray hose to a new canister of adhesive. if you are NOT connecting to a new canister, connect hose to canister of cleaning solvent (sold separately) and spray out until liquid is clear which indicates that the hose and gun is clean.
HANDLING & STORAGE
- Do not store at temperatures over 50°C.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight.
- Do not store directly on concrete floor.
- Always store above 15°C.
- When connected, keep valve open and hose pressurised at all times.
- Always test our adhesives to determine suitability for your particular application prior to use in production.
Type of Supply
TensorGrip® TC42 x 22 liters disposable canister suitable for industrial use only (230 m2 coverage)