WHISPER Ultrasonic Leak Detector
By buying this product you can collect up to 22 points. Your cart will total 22 points that can be converted into a voucher of €2.20.
Whisper is a leak detector ideal for detecting and locating ultrasonic frequencies generated when the following common situations occur: leaks of any gas under pressure or vacuum, electrical arcing, worn bearings and machinery, malfunctions in steam traps and leaking seal.
Do you have a non-traditional leak detection application that a gas detector, soap bubbles or dye injection system can’t address? Whisper is ideal for detecting and locating ultrasonic frequencies generated when the following common situations occur:
- leaks of any gas under pressure or vacuum
- electrical arcing
- worn bearings and machinery
- malfunctions in steam traps
- leaking seal
The leak detector includes a specialized built-in receiver that detects frequencies in the 40.5 kHz range. Through sophisticated circuitry, Whisper locates the ultrasound’s source, while an internal noise control ensures the instrument is unaffected by audible noise. This makes Whisper a versatile tool which can even be used in noisy environments, such as mechanical rooms.
Whisper incorporates heterodyne capability, which reduces the ultrasonic frequencies detected to a range that can be heard by the human ear. Variations can therefore be identified to easily pin-point the ultrasonic source. Heterodyne output is enabled when headphones (included) are plugged in to the detector. Sensitivity is adjusted through an innovative touch pad. Multiple LEDs and an audible alarm register the leak when heterodyne mode is not enabled.
- Refrigerant leaks
- Nitrogen leaks
- Locating worn bearings
- Leaks in pneumatic systems
- Leaks in compressed air systems
- Leaks in vacuum systems
- Diagnosing solenoid Operations
- Steam traps
- Leaks in sealed areas (refrigerator cases, vehicles, etc.)
- Electrical arcin
For the ultimate in performance and versatility, consider the Whisper with Accessory Package. Along with the leak detector, this kit gives you more accessories for more productivity. Use the contact probe to check machinery’s function. Simply twist the metal probe onto the instrument and touch it to bearing housings, solenoids, pistons and other mechanical equipment to allow frequencies to travel into the Whisper’s ultrasonic transducer. Properly functioning machinery sounds smooth and clear, a sharp contrast to malfunctioning machinery.
Use the transmitter to test seals around any enclosed space, including doors, windows, ducts and refrigerator cases. Simply turn the transmitter on to generate its ultrasonic tone and place it in the area you wish to leak test. Trace around potential problem areas with the Whisper leak detector to alert you to the transmitter’s ultrasonic frequencies “leaking” through poorly-sealed areas. The transmitter and contact probe as well as premium headphones are included in the accessory package, though any can be purchased separately for use with the standard package.
- Base unit includes: Headphones, rubber extension probe, (2) "D" alkaline batteries and hard plastic carrying case.
- Unit with accessory package includes: Premium headphones, metal contact probe,package includesrubber extension probe, transmitter acces-sory with 9V battery, (2) "D" alkaline batter-ies and enlarged hard plastic carrying case. NOT INCLUDED IN THE SOLD HERE!!!
- Controls: Power button, sensitivity touch pad.
- Power source: (2) "D" alkaline batteries (included).
- Battery life: 165 hours
- Weight: with batteries 1.5 lbs (680 g).
- Warranty: 2-year replacement
- Whisper – Standard package: 711-202-G1
- Whisper–Accessory package: 711-203-G1 (not included in this item sold here in our online shop). Please ask for a quotation if you wish to buy it!
- Headphones: 032-0404
- Premium Headphones: 032-0427
- Ultrasonic Transmitter: 711-600-G1
- Contact Probe: 711-316-G1